Secretly a hopeless romantic, obsessed with dreams and ideas. But mostly, simplicity.

Friday, September 17, 2010

What's your idea of Love?

Today’s entry comes from my oldest friend, Jenna. Jenna and I have been good friends for over ten years. Being together throughout this time, we’ve gotten to know each other like the back of our hands. In ten years a lot can happen, and a lot has happened. We’ve been through middle school and high school together, even some college. Needless to say we’ve had many heart to hearts but also many fights. Fights about my inability to make a firm commitment, fights about wrong and right’s, what to do that night, even what to eat that day, but for the most part our really big one’s have revolved around our relationships with other people. As I’m sure you can guess, mostly the other relationships in our lives.

Since I’ve been 15 Jenna has seen me make and break every relationship I’ve ever had. Needless to say, my relationships have never been the best, and I’d say that Jenna might say the same thing about hers.. (Of course, maybe not, we’re not ALWAYS on the same page :D ).
Anyway, today I got a text from her, and it seemed like it was coming straight from God. One of those things that I needed to hear at the perfect time. She said she was working on some stuff for school (Isn’t school work WONDERFUL!!) and came across a quote that she believes she should live by. It goes like this… “In true love your heart and mind will feel the same way.”

Wow. This is so undeniably true. I think everyone can relate to having your heart say go go go, while your mind stands close by shaking it’s head in disapproval. Relationships are never easy, and as much as I’d like to say they are ‘black & white’ they are the furthest thing from it. I always find myself wishing for protocol for break-ups (and hook-ups for that matter). Yet there isn’t, and there never should be. Everyone operates differently, which has been proven by my past compared to Jenna’s past. In love it seems there is no for sure right, or wrong way. We’re all looking for that someone to share our lives with, including me, even though I’ll tell you differently. SO from today forward I, Jamie M********** (I can’t put my last name out there, just in case of crazies.. You know.) am going to live by a few simple things which simply stated, make sense.

"In true love your heart and mind will feel the same way."

P.S. This blog is somewhat old... since I've been so busy at work and outside of work I haven't had the time to post it. Which means that today is actually Jenna's Birthday too!!!!!!! Whooooo! Happy Birthday Friend, I hope you have a wonderful day full of love and little life suprises. :)

3 comments:

  1. You have to let your mind or heart be in the same place for that to ever happen. Make sure that you aren't letting one get in the way of the other

    ReplyDelete