Secretly a hopeless romantic, obsessed with dreams and ideas. But mostly, simplicity.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Movie Medicine


Tonight I saw a movie called Easy A. Now I don’t know about you, but there is something that happens to me when I see a really good movie. Even though you always know the storyline it’s the same old boy meets girl, boy & girl face obstacles, yet despite the odds they end up kissing at the end and riding away on a riding lawn mower.

Okay, so maybe the riding lawn mower doesn’t always happen, I guess sometimes it’s a horse. But only white ones, duh. So this movie, Easy A, did exactly what I expect a good movie to do. It made me feel all happy from the inside out. A good movie somehow pulls at your heart strings and touches the part of your soul that sings of hope and happiness.

Once again I am going off about my weird romance obsession, I know I'm going all softy. If you don't like it then please leave my blog, but if you DOOOO like it then you will adore this ADORABLE couple who have upgraded from a measly horse to a smooth classy riding mower!



….It doesn’t get much better than that!

Also featured in 'Easy A' is this wonderful family. I want one!
 
Anyway moving on to more important news (well, let’s face it, everything I have to say is important) I have officially received a move in date!!

Someone mentioned to me tonight that I am a, “Lucky Girl” and seriously? I AM. Not only because I don’t have to wake up early tomorrow, but for SO many other reasons… There is a story… and my tale begins with a little something called Netflix. You’d think at the ripe age of 23, one might have already learned about this little gem, but I assure you, there are still people out there that need your assistance in opening their eyes to the plethora of juicy films just waiting for their viewing pleasure. In one wasteful (read: wonderful) day, I successfully watched four flims (Yes, I did spend all day in bed eating the filling of chicken pot pie followed by apple pie, icecream, peanut M&M’s and mint swiss rolls. Yeah? SAY SUMIN’) starting with X Men, followed by the bittersweet Sunshine Cleaning, which lead into the classic Neverending Story and last but not least one of the best films (in my humble opinion) of all time The son of Rambo. I don’t know how old all ya’ll are, but I was born in the late 80’s and just missed the rage over the neverending story. Honestly the only reason I am aware of the film comes from one of my crappy high school punk bands, New Found Glory (OK so now they might not be so crappy, but believe me, they were then) Anyway, NFG, did a cover of this song:


In even luckier news, I somehow ended up with and unexpected upgrade… to help put this into visualization it’s like going from this...
To this..


ORRRR for people who think in terms of food like me; from this:



To this: 



Anyway, I really did plan on writing something amazing for you all to read, but this is all I've got for now. I think most of you are aware that since I've written this blog many new things have happened and I assure you they will eventually find their way to this lovely little blog of mine. But alas, I am sick, and I have a job interview in the morning, so until then this is Jamie Rae signing out, goodnight Minnesota!

No comments:

Post a Comment